Puglialy is a brand of “Arte Wine Travel di Pietro Calabrese”. Your contract will be with Pietro Calabrese - sole proprietorship, a licensed tour operator company registered in Italy (registration number: IT02577710748) and will be subject to Italian law at all times.
Submission of payment to Pietro Calabrese (Arte Wine Travel) signifies the acceptance of the following Terms & Conditions of Sale.
You can book with us per email. You can send us your enquiry for a tailor-made tour and we will send you an offer via email. All prices mentioned in the our offers sent by email or in our website are in euro. Airfare and travel insurance are not included. We recommend to purchase travel insurance. In every offer you will receive all the information you need, to understand what items are included in the agreement. All the items and services other than those specifically mentioned in the offer are meant not to be included in the price of the tour.
A deposit of at least 20% per person is required and will be advised at the time you request the booking. The balance is payable 20 days before tour begins. As soon as we receive your deposit (for bookings that are not considered short term bookings, which means booking up to 20 days prior to your start date), we will send you a confirmation email that confirms your booking. The agreement between us is valid starting from the time we receive the deposit payment.
If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into the contract on the basis of these booking conditions and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us.
A non-refundable deposit of at least 20% per person, per trip will reserve for you the dates of your tour. The deposit is payable via bank transfer or paypal. Upon receipt of your deposit, we will proceed to make the reservations for your tour.
Full payment is due 20 days before the first day of the tour or directly when here in Puglia (only if agreed with us). If you are making a short term booking (which means within 20 days before the tour start) full payment will be necessary immediately.
If you find it necessary to cancel your booking, we will try to accommodate any change, as far as we can. Please note that a change on short notice may be viewed as a cancellation and we would charge you 100% cancellation fee. Only the person who made a booking may cancel. The cancellation of your booking will become effective after we have received a written notification via email.
The following cancellation charges will apply. These charges are expressed as a percentage of the total holiday/tour. Cancellation charges are calculated from the date we receive the written notification of cancellation. There may be additional cancellation fees assessed by our suppliers.
30 or more days before trip start date: loss of deposit
29-22 days before trip start date: 50% of tour cost
21-8 days before trip start date: 75% of tour cost
Less than 8 days before trip start date and no-show: 100% of tour cost
If the reason for cancellation is covered by your travel insurance policy, you should be able to claim on it. If circumstances force you to leave the tour early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself.
Should you have any problems during your stay you should contact us immediately during your trip. Refund requests must be received in writing within fourteen days from date of return. Each request will be considered on a case by case basis. Refunds are not guaranteed and depend on circumstances. UNUSED LAND ARRANGEMENTS:No refund will be made for unused services after travel begins (i.e. meals, sightseeing, tours, train tickets, transfers and hotels).
In the unusual event that we cancel a tour, we will return the full amount of your deposit or other payment. Should we find it necessary for any reason to cancel a tour prior to departure, then the refund of all monies received will constitute a full settlement. If a client fails to make payment, then we reserve the right to cancel that booking without any obligation to refund or make alternative arrangements.
Planning a tour is a complex process, with many variables and decisions to maintain high service standards. For this reason we reserve the right to alter our itineraries when required by circumstances. If changes are necessary we will make every effort to provide substitutions in order to maintain the quality of services as stated in our offer.
We reserve the right to change travel and tour arrangements. This is necessary because many of our tours involve variables which are outside our control. These include, weather, political issues, currency problems, floods, earthquakes, fires or accommodation issues.
We shall tell you about small changes before departure. If we think a necessary change is important, we will tell you about it as soon as we can and give you the opportunity to either accept the change, or take an alternative holiday (paying or receiving a refund / credit in respect of any price difference), or cancel and accept a deposit refund.
If such problems occur during a tour, we will make alternative arrangements so as to comply as closely as possible to the description of the tour in our offer sent by email or described on our website.
If a problem occurs which is so serious that we have to cancel a tour before the date of departure, you may choose to accept either an alternative holiday (paying or receiving a refund/credit in respect of any price difference) or a full refund of all money paid. In certain cases we may pay compensation too, at our discretion.
We are not liable to you in any circumstances for loss or damage or loss of your holiday when:
• unusual and unforeseeable circumstances arise which are beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; or • the change is not significant. We are not liable to pay you any additional travel or any other costs, expenses or losses which you incur as a result of any change or cancellation by us, such as changes to times of connecting flights or other travel arrangements. You agree that all these provisions are reasonable.
After having received full payment, we will send you all details related to the services you have booked.
This information will include: • location of meeting point and time of meeting, • any important details relevant to a particular site that we may visit;
Limitations on our liability
During the tours with us we are not liable to you for: • any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave our transport at departure; • any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could) • any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us; • medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance; • medical emergencies; • your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us; • changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour; • problems or issues which we could have resolved whilst on a Tour but which you raise only after your return. • injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment or possessions), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from either: i. the act or omission of you or anyone in your party; ii. the act or omission of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday. • services we have not provided. The services and features included in your Tour are those specified in our website or in the offer we sent to you via email. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your holiday, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged at your request through our Tour leader. Accordingly we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods. Limitation of compensation by international conventions: • Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these booking conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your holiday. i. Complaints We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling holiday, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your Tour leader or phone our travel agents immediately. If your complaint cannot be satisfied it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to our employees, then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return. We cannot respond to verbal complaints. j. Place of jurisdiction The place of jurisdiction is where the tour operator is registered. “Arte Wine Travel” di Pietro Calabrese is registered in Brindisi, Italy. k. Limit of our liability Remember that transport and other service providers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage or service. You will be bound by these as far as that service is concerned. Such conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant provider and they are often also subject to international conventions. l. Delay, Interruptions, Force Majeure There is no guarantee that trains or ferries will depart at the time specified. If they do not, we are not liable to you for any delay or cancellation or for any failure to take what you think are the best actions to have taken in particular circumstances. We will provide whatever assistance we can. All expenses involved in doing so will be your responsibility. Force Majeure Pietro Calabrese (Arte Wine Travel) shall not be liable for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays, trip interruptions or loss of enjoyment of any nature or kind whatsoever, resulting from events beyond our or a supplier’s reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lockouts or other labour disputes or disruptions, wars, blockades, insurrections, riots, earthquakes, weather conditions, floods or acts of restraints imposed by government authorities. Help we need from you • To satisfy the majority of our clients, we apply “no smoking” rules in the way that they are applied by law in Italy. • If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or Tour leaders) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other Tour member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the Tour. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients.
It is at the discretion of the client to decide whether or not to purchase travel insurance. It is strongly recommended that clients to purchase travel insurance. You are also encouraged to check with your health insurance provider to ensure that your coverage extends to international travel. If you choose to travel without adequate travel insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
Each traveller is responsible for obtaining and carrying a valid passport and any other documents required by Italian government regulations. Non-US and non-EU residents may require special travel documents to travel to Italy. Check with your local embassy or consulate.
Prices are subject to change at any time without notice as a result of currency exchange rate fluctuations, seasonality, suppliers’ rates change; which, in turn, may affect the prices of transportation, accommodation, or other services. Arte Wine Travel reserves the right to change their prices due to unforeseen circumstances; however, we always do our best to adhere to price quotes given.
• Laws, standards, culture and attitudes are different in many countries from what you reasonable expect at home. We are not responsible for standards of service, safety, hygiene and behaviour which may be different than those you are used to or which you expected. • Please note that we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
We have to work within the restrictions laid down by any carrier we use. Policies vary from one carrier to another and from time to time. We will tell you the exact allowances and terms after you have made a booking with us. If you have an unusual requirement, perhaps for medical reasons, do contact us and we will try to help you immediately.
In this agreement unless the context otherwise requires:
i. a reference to a person includes a human individual, a corporate entity and any organisation which is managed or controlled as a unit;
ii. any agreement by any party not to do or omit to do something includes an obligation not to allow some other person to do or omit to do that same thing;
iii. [except where stated otherwise,] any obligation of any person arising from this agreement may be performed by any other person.
• If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
• You consent to the processing of his personal data (in manual, electronic or any other form) relevant to this agreement, by us.
• The parties agree that electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
• In the event of a dispute between us, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
• This agreement does not give any right to any third party, except that any provision in this agreement which excludes or restricts the liability of our directors, officers, employees, subcontractors, agents and affiliated companies, may be enforced under that act.
• We are not liable for any failure or delay in performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
• The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of Italy and the Agent agree that any dispute arising from it shall be litigated only in Italy.
Passport, Visa and Health Requirements
Please note carefully:
• to be absolutely safe, it is a good idea to make sure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date of return of your Tour;
• remember to apply for any necessary visa in good time;
• check with your GP what vaccinations and medication you may require and allow time to obtain them. Details are also available from the National Travel Health Network and Centre www.nathnac.org.
• If you are a national of an EC country and are taking an Italian tour, you should take your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) available online. It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all necessary inoculations, take all necessary medication and follow all medical advice in relation to your holiday. Remember to bring certificates and confirmations with you in your hand luggage.
If you need professional medical care whilst on a tour, we will try to obtain it and inform your travel insurers as quickly as practically possible, should you not be able to do so yourself. Please ensure that you provide us with your next of kin details so that we can make arrangements for them to be contacted in an emergency.
• You agree to repay to us all costs we incur in providing this assistance, including payment for any additional transport. These costs must be reimbursed to the company. We will give you a receipt on your return, for you to pass to your travel insurers.
Please note that clients with medical or physical problems that could in any way impact upon their participation in the tour or impact upon others’ participation must make these conditions known to us before departure. By notifying us, we will be able to plan the daily activities accordingly. Failure to notify us could result in your exclusion from full participation in tour activities based on your guide’s discretion.
We strongly advise you to buy an appropriate travel insurance. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate, because insurance companies are third parties. Cover should be obtained not only against normal travel risks, but against additional risks appropriate to the destination country.
“Arte Wine Travel” di Pietro Calabrese is a licensed and registered tour operator company. Mandatory travel insurance of the tour company: POLIZZA RESPONSABILITÁ CIVILE PROFESSIONALE, R.C.O., R.C.T. – Nobis Compagnia di Assicurazioni Spa - Nr. 1505002294/Q
Via Abate Angelo Tamborrino 28
72017 Ostuni (BR)
P.I. IT 02577710748